Your Technical Partner in Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR) Wastewater Treatment
An advanced Fixed Film Biological treatment process using specialized biofilm carriers in a specifically configured reactor tank.
Unique buoyant biofilm carrier, designed for reduction of BOD, COD, TSS, and certain other pollutant contaminants absorbed and oxidized through microbiological organisms grown on these biofilm carriers
Integration of unique aeration with microbial bioTube feeders make for a highly effective and optimized biological treatment process.
Reliable, affordable biological wastewater treatment technology for water utilities and industries within India.
What is the IRYGEN Mbio MBBR wastewater treatment process?
The IRYGEN Mbioᵗᵐ moving bed biofilm process (MBBR) is an advanced fixed film biological wastewater treatment process using specialized biofilm carriers suspended in specifically configured aeration basins or reactor tanks. Each buoyant biofilm carrier is designed to handle the reduction of BOD, COD, TSS, and certain other pollutant contaminants which are absorbed and oxidized through microbiological organisms grown on these biofilm carriers.
How does it work?
The IRYGEN Mbioᵗᵐ MBBR consist of an aeration tank or basin containing specially designed submerged and free flowing bio media. The high surface area of the Mbioᵗᵐ bio media provides plentiful surfaces for bacteria to develop and thrive.
A stainless steel aeration manifold connecting specifically designed IRYGEN AB jet diffusionᵗᵐ systems on the bottom of the wastewater tank or basin provides both sufficient dissolved oxygen for wastewater pollutant oxidation and reduction through the use of an external air blower. A coarse mesh net above the diffusers eliminates the chance of the biomedia carriers becoming trapped on the bottom of the basin by the diffusers rapid mixing action.
A stainless steel metal or FRP sieve screen is utilized at the outlet of the aeration tank which allows the treated water to move to the post clarification stage of the treatment process while retaining the biomedia carriers inside the tank.
This compact treatment process does not require a return activated sludge pipe line.
- Lower construction capital costs versus conventional biological wastewater treatment applicable design flow rates from 10 gpm (50 m3/d) to 25 MGD (100 MLD) and higher.
- Simple to operate with PLC automation of dissolved oxygen levels and temperature, typical 45% reduction in operational related costs versus conventional biological treatment due to the high Mbioᵗᵐ bio carrier surface area and our efficient IRYGEN AB micro/nano bubble aeration technology.
- Stable under process pollutant variations.
- Intense biological activity with No Biomas Recirculation.
- Treatment process can be modified for higher capacity without extensive civil works.
- Generates low solids with minimal sludge production and requires no return sludge lines.
- Can typically reduce 60-80% of soluble influent BOD, COD, TSS and oils/greases for new or retrofitting of existing industrial or water utility domestic wastewater treatment plants.
Specific solutions & services:
- Modular IRYGEN Mbio MBBR System Solutions
- IRYGEN Mbio MBBR System Process Design, Engineering & Integration for System Capacities up to 25 MGD (100,000 m3/d)
- Process retrofits from conventional biological treatment processes to Irygen Mbio MBBR biological wastewater treatment.
Designed for the following industries:
- Food & Beverage
- Energy Sector
- Pulp & Paper
- Water Utilities
- General Industrial